Carton sealing tapes are not created equal.
In fact, there are hundreds of different tapes specifically designed to seal cartons. The one that's right for your application will depend on many factors including:
- The material used in your carton.
- The environment it is applied in.
- The environment your carton is stored in.
- The weight of the full carton. (Use a heavy-duty carton sealing tape if over 25 pounds.)
- How the cartons are shipped.
- The value of the material in the carton.
- The image you want to project with the tape.
- How the tape is applied.
- The ease with which the carton can be opened by the recipient.
How It's Constructed
There are two elements of carton sealing tape that will affect performance: the adhesive and the backing material.
- Adhesives include rubber-based, acrylic, and water-activated. They will perform differently in different environments.
- Options for backing material include film backing, paper backing, and reinforced paper or film. Choose the one that provides the strength you need.
Let us guide you through the process of finding the best tape for your needs.
Whatever your carton sealing needs are, you can be certain that Tapeworks.
With online sales booming, print your logo on the tape to help customers identify the package and to generate inexpensive brand impressions.